Preview Chapter One of Village Lies - The New Novel from Linzi Carlisle!

Teaser Time! Chapter One of Village Lies - The New Novel from Linzi Carlisle

Secrets and lies...What's really happening in a quiet country village somewhere near you...

Enjoy this sneak preview - a little Christmas treat from Linzi Carlisle!




"Chapter 1. The strumpet and the brown packet
I knew that little strumpet was up to something as soon as I saw her watching for the postman yesterday.
She thought I wouldn't notice her peering through a crack in her net curtains each time she heard footsteps passing on the pavement, but I did, of course.
It was so obvious.
She couldn't open the door fast enough when the postman finally walked up her path, later than usual due to Rosemary Spindlebury running after him waving a letter at him and going on about him keep delivering letters for Wisteria Terrace to her by mistake. He'd actually walked back down the road with her, even put a hand on her arm! Then that snobby cow had started giggling with him and coming over all coy, made me sick to be honest. He'd stood there chatting with her for all of five minutes, having his time wasted by some woman with ideas above her station, poor man and him with a job to do too.
Anyway, as I was saying, that little strumpet, Maureen, was very anxious for her delivery.
It wasn't very big, a small brown packet. I would've missed it if she hadn't drawn my attention to it by her ridiculously anxious behaviour.
She'd grabbed that little packet out of his hands and shut the door before he'd even turned round to go back down the path.
I could just make out through her net curtains that she was going upstairs with it.
The sun was at the wrong angle which meant that even by trying to look from my bathroom window I still couldn't quite see what she was doing up in her bedroom.
It really pissed me off and when Mr Alison, the butcher, phoned about my joint of beef, I was quite short with him, as a result, I'm afraid.
When it got to six o'clock and her poor husband hadn't got in from work last night it got me wondering..... he sometimes has to travel out of town on business. I usually know when, as he takes an overnight bag with him in the boot of his car, maybe I'd missed it. I must pay more attention in future....
I made a point of watching her front door closely then, even went without my cup of tea as I was so sure something was going to happen.
Sure enough, I saw that gangly bloke who rents rooms above the pub sloping down the road looking shifty. Calls himself an artist...... I just call him a long-haired layabout. Artist, my foot! I haven't seen any paintings being sold. Most he's done is paint Mrs Mark's spare room for her, and charged her an arm and a leg for it no doubt.
Bold as brass he walked up to Maureen's door and didn't even have to knock!
She must have left the door on the latch.
Once that door closed I could only imagine what was going on in there, I bet she was all over him.
Disgusting!
I saw a light go on but they'd closed the curtains. They didn't go upstairs, that was something, at least her poor husband's marital bed wasn't defiled by their fornicating.
I felt very disturbed through dinner (cold ham salad due to the fact that I hadn't had time to cook anything), George looked at me a bit strangely and even asked me if I was ok a couple of times.
I managed to find a few excuses to pop upstairs and have a look through the curtains but it was dark by then and I couldn't see anything.
When I looked for the last time, as I went to bed, her lights were off.
It took me ages to get to sleep, my mind wouldn't switch off from what they'd been up to, filthy pair. I felt quite hot and bothered by it and even had to turn the bedcovers down a bit to cool down.
As soon as George was gone this morning I was back at my window and there it was! Screaming out for the whole world to see!
Some tarty little wisp of red satin with black lace! Hanging on the line!
My mind went back over her usual laundry offerings.......... white cotton knickers, the odd beige pair too..... these were new! She certainly didn't buy them at Madam Couture in the village, or in Beedham's department store in the next town.
I came over quite odd and shaky at the thought of her cavorting around in them with that so called artist......... I must have jogged the curtain a bit too much because the next thing I knew she was looking right up at me as she took them off the washing line. I dropped the curtain back straightaway but I could have sworn she gave me a smug smile....
Right there and then I knew they must have been in the packet she was waiting for so impatiently.
Bought from some sex catalogue, specially for her dirty little tryst with lover boy.
Now here's her husband arriving home...... her looking all sweet and innocent giving him a kiss on the cheek.......
He has no idea.......
It's not right...... someone should tell him what a little tart she is..........
Of course, I won't be able to sign my name........ just a short note perhaps...... unsigned....... like the other ones…"

I hope you enjoyed your sneak preview of the first chapter from my first full length novel! This is a work in progress, but I hope to publish during 2019! 

Follow me for updates!

Sign up to my blog or follow me on facebook! 

Comments